Long John Yurt – Winter
Occupancy: Up to 8 People | Available Everyday
This is Upscale Camping!
The Long John Yurt is 20′ in diameter sits at one of the highest points on our trails with great views at the yurt and close by.
Use of the yurt also gives you access to Enchanted Forest’s trails at night!
The yurt is semi-primitive, but comfortable, and features:
- Comfortable beds for up to 8: 4 twin and 2 double futon sofa beds;
- Wood stove for heat with firewood;
- Kitchen area with pots, pans, plates, silverware etc.
- Three-burner propane cook stove
- Propane lantern
- Dining table and chairs;
- See complete yurt instructions (available after booking) for a more comprehensive list.
This is still camping in a tent, not a hotel room. There is no room- or maid service. Heat is provided by a wood stove – wood provided. It will still get cold overnight, but not as cold as in a tent! You must provide your own sleeping bag (at least 0º or colder rating recommended in winter), food, and transport (ski or snowshoe in winter, hike or mountain bike in summer) to the yurt
Drinking water in winter is from melting snow, or better, you can bring bottled gallons of water available at any store for $1 to get you started. We recommend one gallon, per person, per day.
We provide a large gear pulk in winter for helping transport your stuff to the yurt. Gear delivery is also available for $50, Gear must fit in a 5x3x2 foot sled. Please pack your gear for your yurt stay with this in mind. Leave things you don’t need at the yurt in the car or at home. (We have had people pack hair dryers for instance.)
- Winter Rates — $95 per night/group Monday through Thursday, $120 Friday. Saturday, Sunday and $165 Holidays. Up to 8 occupancy.
- Holiday Rates Apply: Thanksgiving (Nov. 24-27), Christmas through New Year’s (Dec. 17–Jan. 2), Martin Luther King weekend (Jan. 14-16) and Presidents’ Day weekend (Feb. 18-20)
*When Enchanted Forest trails are open and groomed, guests must also purchase a trail pass for each member of their group to cross country ski or snowshoe (children 12 & under are FREE). During ski/snowshoe season, dogs are not allowed in the Latir, Little John or Long John Yurts.
Our newly built Glade Yurt — located on the “Dog Trails” — is available for guests with furry friends!
Gear Delivery — $50.00
Trail Passes (required when there is enough snow to groom)
29 Sangre de Cristo Drive
Red River, NM 87558