Latir Hike-In Camping Yurt
Enchanted Forest offers stunning vistas along meandering forest trails for hiking and mountain biking. PLEASE read all information carefully before booking!
The Latir Yurt is 20′ in diameter sits on a ledge on our trails with a great view of the Latir Wilderness from the front porch. The yurt is semi-primitive, but comfortable, and features:
- Comfortable beds for up to 8: 2 twin and 3 double futon sofa beds;
- Fitted sheets, pillow cases and pillows
- Wood stove for heat with firewood
- Kitchen area with pots, pans, plates, silverware etc.
- Propane cook stove
- Propane lantern
- Dining table and chairs;
- See complete yurt instructions (available after booking) for a more comprehensive list.
This is still camping in a tent, not a hotel room. There is no room- or maid service. Heat is provided by a wood stove – wood provided. It will still get cold overnight, but not as cold as in a tent! You must provide your own sleeping bag (at least 30º or colder rating recommended in summer), food, and transport (hike or mountain bike in summer) to the yurt
Depending on your fitness level (and your wagon/backpack loads), it is an easy-to-difficult hike or bike to the Latir Yurt (0.7 miles – at approx. 9,800 feet above sea level – allow 20-45 minutes). There is a gear wagon (one per customer) near the “Wax Hut.” This is ideal for one- to two-night stays, light packers, singular campers, couples, or families of up to 3-4 in which all members are able to carry their own pack.
Guests can also pay $50 for gear delivery (one way out and one way back). This is ideal for guests with two-or-more-night stays, heavy packers, groups of four or more, or families with members who cannot carry their own pack. Even with gear delivery, however, guests must still pack no more than what will fit in the back of a Polaris Ranger (approx. 36 x 54 x 11 inches). Last-minute gear deliveries will not be accepted. Unless you have made prior arrangements, if you arrive outside business hours, your gear delivery is forfeit and is not refundable.
As a reminder, during summer months we provide fitted sheets, pillows and pillowcases, but you will need a sleeping bag or comforter for cold temperatures. We also have rental bags: Two queen size bags with cotton liners, and two single bags with liners.
- Spring & Fall Rates — $80 per night/group Monday through Thursday, $95 Friday. Saturday, Sunday and $110 Holidays.
- Summer Rates — $85 per night/group Monday through Thursday, $100 Friday. Saturday, Sunday and $115 Holidays.
- Holidays: Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July Holiday Week, Labor Day weekend and Indigenous Peoples’ Day weekend
Gear Delivery — $50.00
Queen- or single-size sleeping bags — $20.00 each